Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Shoot Your Targets

As a Muslim... I am aware that we must have targets in our lives. Life is actually unpredictable but hey... there is always "sync or swim" and even "fight or flight" situations... Humans mostly are programmed that way.

So, whenever you go to a confidence building session... they would always ask you to state your goal. What you want to achieve in life and the sorts... That got me thinking.. always.


Yes2, I know and I've heard that I think too much. Too much for my own good. Can't even enjoy the ride of life... plain and boring. Yadda2.. bla2.. but hey, no one is going think for you.. so might as well that you think for yourself. Ur not wasting anyone's energy anyways... -_-!



So, straight to the point… What do I want or plan anyways?


Timeline : 21 - 30 (Too early to think about mid-life crisis isn’t it?)

21-25 -Be very studious in terms of medicine and religion, be like a super-sucking sponge… seeking every valuable knowledge that would lead me to become the most super –efficient doctor.
* does anyone notice the enthusiasm? ^.^! *

- Be very optimistic and jovial, always smiling even through hardship and B-days, P-days and M-days.

- Enjoy life and travel and do all the wonderful things that youth can offer.

- Savings for future investments.

- Graduate with Honors in Medicine.

~~~~~~~

26-27 - Get married!? 'The "!?" sign shows I want but can I???'
(My sis married at 24. Hey, I have pressure here... although my parents would most likely say NO)

- Face through housemanship, MO, untrusting looks from patients, drama and well… (these are the only things I can think of… you wanna know the real deal, wait for another 5 years )

- Sucking every valuable experience and tiring time as an intern and all the crap that comes along with it. They say… the more crap you get, the better doctor you are. I am not sure whether im ready for this... @_@

~~~~~~~

28-30-Get married!? (Just in case I don’t fit in the above timeline… hey, I want a lot of kids alright, so bugger off)

-Face bosses and career politics ( You just can’t run away from it can you.. -_-! )

-Perform Umrah/Haji .

-Face mid-life crisis and maybe pursue my Masters Degree.

~~~~~~~

30 -??
For all we know… I may not even reach the age of 21, 0.0…
*insert cricket sound effect here*

~~~~~~~


Right... so.

For anyone who is reading this… doesn’t this seem too far-fetched?

I guess it goes by, ‘When you fail to plan... you are planning to fail’. Life is a onetime deal only. So by playing it adhering to the rule of The Creator, we should be a-okay.

Anyways… we can only plan life but who makes it happen is always Allah. I don’t know what the future holds for me but we have to always have good thought about what Allah has planned for us. What he planned is always the best even though it does not make sense at the time.

Things happen for a reason.


:)

7 comments:

  1. i wanna be a super-sucking sponge too! xD

    nahh, i don't think it's too far-fetched. i think it's reasonable and in a way it prepares you better for the future. way to go, hon!

    -amiirah-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous : Hey! Thanks. :)

    Amiirah : Lolz.. i tot it was :P.. Thanks Babe!~ <3!~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhaha da siap plan 10 tahun awal da....
    career politics... duh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arif : Leng Chai? Ohh.. ko leng chai eyh? :P Bagus2, ada self confidence! Aku support ko. :)

    Welcome to my blog!~ Sampai pon ko kat sini. Hihi.. take care kat bumi Ire tu! :D

    Well, career politics ni sbnyer mmg menyakitkan hati.. sbb tu ar aku nak avoid kalau boleh.. but hey, secara reality mmg takle pon. -_-!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha thanx.... ape maksud ko "ohh... ko leng chai eh"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arif : Haha.. urm, leng chai = handsomekan? So,haha, aku gurau2 jek. :P

    ReplyDelete